RACHEL’s VINEYARD VIDEO MESSAGE
What is Project Rachel?
Project Rachel is a compassionate and confidential ministry which extends God’s unconditional love and forgiveness to women, men, couples or other family members who have experienced the tragedy of abortion in their lives. By offering a safe place for those suffering to be reconciled with God and his Church, Project Rachel helps those suffering after their own abortion or the abortion of a loved one to experience mercy, forgiveness and peace. Project Rachel is the Catholic Church’s response to the abortion wound and is a program within the Diocese of St. Petersburg and has programs throughout the United States. However, all faiths are welcome. www.hopeafterabortion.org
These following programs are available and offer a path to reconciling guilt and grief and beginning a life of living forgiven.
- Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreats:
Rachel’s Vineyard, a psychological and spiritual journey of post abortion healing, was developed as a model for groups by Theresa Karminski Burke, PhD. This retreat utilizes the concept of Living Scripture (St. Ignatius format of prayer) to give comfort to women, men, and couples hurt by abortion. This retreat begins at 7:00 p.m. on a Friday night and ends on Sunday around 2:30 p.m. There is a $50 registration fee with a free will offering request on Sunday to defray the true cost of the weekend ($200 per person). These retreats are scheduled 4 times a year. Each retreat is limited to 10 individuals. Most retreats fill up 6 weeks prior to the date. For more information or to register, email: Project Rachel or call: 813-924-4173. All calls are confidential. Go to: www.rachelsvineyard.org for other locations and dates throughout the country.
- Beyond Regret Support Groups for Spanish speaking: Walk with others in a weekly group setting (8 weeks) on a journey of hope and healing. Scheduled twice a year.
- Raphael’s Way Day Retreats and 10 hour Retreats for Men and Women: The story of Tobit and his family is like your abortion recovery within the family; both involve choosing hope, companionship, love and light over despair, solitude, rejection, and blindness. Share in God’s healing through Word and Sacrament to free yourself and the family from the guilt, shame, anger and un-forgiveness associated with abortion. These retreats are scheduled at least twice a year. For more information email:
Project Rachel or call: 813-924-4173. All calls are confidential and non-judgmental.
- “A Son’s Journey” Raphael’s Way Day Retreat for Men Only: Why a Men’s Retreat? It is known that men are less comfortable expressing vulnerable feelings of grief and loss, instead they say nothing or become hostile. With this in mind, the Retreat offers a safe place for men to process their feelings and begin to understand the consequences of abortion as it pertains to their relationships with women is reasonable. The Retreat Team consists of a specially trained priest, deacon, and post abortive men who have attended the Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreat, participated in training, and have the heart and desire to share the mercy of God with other men and help them on their journey toward reconciliation. Contact email@example.com for more details and registration.
Abortion can rob you of many things. Help and Hope for those impacted by abortion is only a phone call away. Stop the hurt, email: Project Rachel or call: 813-924-4173.
Click Here for the Latest Schedule
Start your journey by taking the Self-Assessment Test below.
Self-Assessment: The Abortion Wounded Heart?
- Do you lack freedom to share your abortion experience with others/
- Do you avoid the subject of abortion because you feel like people will see it written across your forehead?
- Do you expect bad things to happen to you as punishment for your abortion?
- Are you afraid to meet your child in Heaven?
- Do you engage in self-punishing attitudes and behaviors?
- Are you preoccupied with thoughts surrounding your abortion experience?
- Do you work hard to prove you are a good mother or father?
- Do you feel like the good promises of God are for other people and not you?
- Do you avoid people or situations that remind you of your abortion?
- Do you feel like your relationships (or friendships) with men/women are unhealthy?
- Do you feel like your friendships with women/men lack depth and authenticity?
- Do you feel like you’re all alone with the emotional pain you are feeling?
If you answered ”yes” to any of these questions you are living in unnecessary bondage.
If you are interested in receiving help with these issues ( to live a life in freedom from your past, with a hope for the future), we would love to companion you on this journey through Project Rachel.
PROJECT RACHEL TESTIMONY
By Jennifer C.
I carried a heavy burden on my heart for almost 10 years. No one tells you the shame, guilt, and self hatred you will feel after having an abortion. No one tells you how you’ll feel like you’re keeping a horrible secret from the world. Most of all the inability to forgive yourself for the choice that you have made is devastating. I never knew just how bad those decisions would hurt.
During my 20’s I had 2 abortions. The time wasn’t right, the boyfriend wasn’t quite right, the circumstances weren’t right, nothing was right to bring a baby into this world. Or so I thought. It was legal, my friends supported me, and I truly thought that I would get the abortion and go right back to my life. Every year the date would come around on the day I had my abortion and I would weep with such sorrow. Not to mention the day the baby would have been born, I constantly would figure out how old they would be by now, and compare them to other babies or children I would see. What color hair and eyes would they had? What kind of personality? What would their laugh sound like? All of these questions would cause deeply hurt emotions. What right did I have to not give an innocent unborn life a chance?
After I got married and had children of my own, the guilt grew stronger. How could God give me a healthy baby after what I had done? You would think the hurt would go away instead it just grew stronger. The shame consumed me and the un-forgiveness I felt toward myself was unbearable. That is about the time I found Rachel’s Vineyard. It saved my life. Rachel’s Vineyard gave me the opportunity to grieve for my lost children. It gave me the chance to share my story, to tell my innocent unborn babies how sorry I was that I chose not to keep them, and most importantly it gave me the ability to forgive myself. The relationship that surfaces with our Lord when you put such hurting individuals together is so profound. You’re with others who harbor the same feelings as you and want to find forgiveness. The love and support given to you at these retreats is remarkable. I thank God everyday that I found Rachel’s Vineyard. It was an absolute necessity for me and my healing. I would encourage men and women who suffer from this devastating secret to surrender and attend Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats. Give yourself the chance to grieve for your unborn child and seek God’s help to face the pain. It changed my life.
At our pregnancy help center, we offer free and confidential services, consultations and resources.
How To Contact Us
- Use the ‘Get Help Now’ Contact Form
- Choose the pregnancy center and city closest to you from the ‘Get Help Now’ menu
- General information – email: Project Rachel or call: 813-924-4173